Monday, June 30, 2008

Dammit I'm Worth It!


So did you know that me doing two jobs at once within the same company, training two new employees, one of which doesn't know basic Excel, covering adding stations to our list of affiliates for seasonal specials, and being responsible for keeping the intern busy means that I'm still not important enough to make more hourly then said intern? Neither did I until today.

The fucking intern makes more money per hour than me.

Fuck.

If I even have to look for a new job again just because my company is ripping me off while I'm working my ass off just to keep my head above water in terms of workload, I swear I will be forced to eat a whole bunch of bad food to compensate for my inevitable sadness, then I'll be fat again and therefore depressed again, and my months of progress will be worthless. Curse you hypothetical situation!

Ugh. But life is going alright Lucky Readers. I kind of hate my work situation right now, but it's only because I know how much my company is ripping me off and I'm really frustrated about it. But I still like the people and the work we do, and I actually love that they trust my abilities enough to give me so much responsibility. But I didn't rack up tons of debt to get a college degree to work my ass of for far less than I'm worth. Le sigh.

Oh and for my other job I almost got sucked up in a tornado at an outdoor event. Or rather a funnel cloud formed directly over my head while tornado were touching down in our surrounding area. But still. Even the grizzled old security guard who had been working at the outdoor venue for twenty years told us that we should be concerned and that "If you see my fat ass running you better get moving along with me". Awesome.

In other Kendragon news, I'm psyched to visit Chicago in about two weeks and see awesome roomie. And I actually have gone on a couple dates recently. They haven't been great but for the first time in like five years I feel like I'm really back in the game. So...ya know...that's cool.

Oh, and my sister is engaged and getting married in a couple months. I'm super happy for her and pleased that the three little girls that I consider my nieces will finally be a part of my family. Oh and her fiance's pretty chill too.

So overall, good times. But freaking pay me what I'm worth dammit!

Oh and on a side note...Thanks to a certain fella who's been a great support lately. You kick ass. Consistently.

No comments: