Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm a simpleton! Goodie!


I'm in a good mood. Have been for a bit now. Joy!

Might be because I've gone out with Roth a few times and it's been enjoyable. Perchance it could be because everyone's been real understanding about my decision to try something with him again even in the most vague of terms, save one person (who I think will eventually come around). Perhaps it's the fact that I've gotten all my Christmas shopping done. It may be due to my doing much better at work.

But I think the real reason is that I've realized that I find the most enjoyment in the strangest of places. And I've also discovered that I love this about myself.

Par example:

I adore watching songs play on my Windows Media Player while I'm at work. I can watch a song play for minutes at a time and become completely transfixed by it. My favorite setting – Plenoptic: Vox.

I love swinging. Love love love it! Everything about it - the physical effort, the window blowing my hair back and forth, the feeling like a little kid...awesome.

The crescendo in the middle of/at the end of "A Day In the Life" gives me chills every single time I hear it.

I giggle when I get something for free. Even if I don't really want it. And it's not just cause it's free. It's also because I like the idea that I have something that others don't. I can chose to keep it and enjoy, or give to someone else and be super nice. Either way I feel powerful. The power, Lucky Readers. The POWER!

I get true enjoyment from giving to others. This last weekend I received fifty yard line tickets to see the Browns play. Roth had a really bad week and had told me that he was going to be tailgating with friends on Sunday, and was hoping to get tickets. I decided to be nice and offer them to him and a friend. He got extremely excited and I know he and his friend really appreciated it. I felt good about myself, I didn't have to go to a football game in the freezing cold (read as single digit temps), and I made someone I care about feel very good. The act of giving was fantastic.

I love office supplies. Hear me? Love em! They keep me organized and that is my favorite thing to be. Hooray for tidy living!

I still have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. I love ending statements with "That's what she said!", and one of my favorite past times with Awesome Former Roomie was to sit on the couch across from each other taking turns saying really serious hypothetical statements like, "Julie, this just isn't working. I found someone else. I'm leaving with her, and I want the kids." and following them with prolonged, quiet fart noises (made by our mouth...we're not disgusting!). Still makes me giggle to even think about it.


So yea, Lucky Readers - I'm simple. And I love this about myself. A hearty huzzah for me!

No comments: