Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's a "Skyrockets in Flight" Under Ice Kinda Post


Here's a quickie update on the doings a transpirin' in my world.

First off, I love Awesome Roommate. She is amazing. I went to visit her (it was supposed to be a good number of people in Chicago, but it didn't turn out that way. Looks like for the better this time, though so...yay!) and we had an outstandingly fun time. Bought clothes, graphic novels, saw a play so horrible that it was fantastic, met her awesome man, almost got her beat up by a possible drug dealer (sorry again, by the way...), ate two delicious breakfasts, saw my pet nephews, and tried absinthe. It was freaking spectacular. The trip, not the absinthe. Bleck! I love and miss the girl and my city a lot, so it was great to recharge my batteries there for a few days with them.

Had to return to Cleveland where I've been enjoying myself despite the guilt about having to stop communicating with a dear friend (see previous blog). I still feel horrible about that, by the by. Not that I'm expecting to suddenly feel fine about it anytime soon, or be able to go skipping down the lane whistling a merry tune without a care in the world. Cause it is a care. and I don't like it. But it's the best for me and I know it, so...I'll deal.

Sigh. Be an adult sucks.

The only other kind of downer I have right now is I'm about a week away from the anniversary of breaking up with my ex, and this occasion is making me realize just how lonely I am right now. Not even for a full on significant other, at this point. Just for a fella to go to dinner with or cuddle up with while watching a movie. I really hate that I don't have that right now, and the lack of this particular male presence is making me a bit sad. But I'm not delving into crazy over it. So...that's good.

Just wish it wasn't so is all.

Cleveland has decided to be a brat the past couple of days. We got a majorly bad ice storm here followed by large amounts of snow, so traveling has been awful. I mention this for two reasons. 1) to bitch about it and my long commute times, and 2) because I'm going back to my boss' house tonight to watch her pup again, and the bad weather is making me fear that I will destroy her house again (knock on wood...).

Hopefully my near disaster will have been enough of an incentive to be extra-super-special-kid-gloves-don't-touch-the-soft-spot careful about it. But then again, if I count on that then I won't be. So I'm gonna allow this random paranoia. Cross your fingers for me, Lucky Readers. Cause I don't wanna get fired for an inability to not destroy my boss' house.

What? It could happen. That isn't a crazy leap of logic at all.

Finally, in case I forgot to share this joyness to ya, I'm really pumped for mid May, cause me, Neat, and two of our close friends are going to be going back to Vegas. Hooray! We booked the flight and hotel, and I cannot wait for the fun I will be sure to have with my girls. That's a huge motivator for me right now, in terms of getting through the slow days at work, getting my ass to the gym when I'm feeling lazy, and keeping up with my healthy eating habits.

I will lose ten more pounds by May. I will, I will, I will.

So to sum up, things are going well. If I had a man and didn't need to be responsible it would be going better, but I know it will all work out in the end.

Now take a quick shower and get back to work. You don't wanna go back in looking all tusselled.

No comments: