Monday, March 10, 2008

We hear they're calling it ... BLIZZARD! TWENTY OH EIGHT!!


I was trapped, Lucky Readers. Trapped in a pit of despair, famine, solitude, and pain.

And by pit, I mean lovely charming home that is similar to what I've been picturing me living in for some time now; by despair, I mean laughter and mirth; by famine, I mean yummy delicious healthy food; by solitude, I mean the bubbly company of an extremely kind woman and her lovely pup; and by pain, I mean pleasing comfort of a soft bed and fluffy couch.

A major snow storm/quasi-blizzard hit Cleveland this weekend. This happened on Friday night, when I was finishing my latest stint of house/dog sitting for my boss. I was supposed to leave after I fed the pup Friday, but my boss' flight got canceled, so I agreed to stay an extra day while she and our company's President drove back from Nashville. She got in around 3:00 in the morning, so I decided to stay and get a full night's sleep.

Needless to say, that was a relatively bad call. The storm hit earlier than we thought it would (at least the strong part of it), and by the time morning came around it was clear that I wasn't going anywhere. The roads were impassable and there were near whiteout conditions.

Boo.

So my boss and I went down the street, picked up some groceries, and stayed in for the day eating yummy food, watching The Exorcist 3, and taking turns cuddling with the pup under our respective fuzzy blankets. Although it was a bit awkward at first to be stuck at my boss' house, it was actually great. We bonded a bit more, and found out that we have bunches in common. it wound up being enjoyable and oddly relaxing.

So...hooray. But come on, is that not the strangest thing to have happen? Or if not the strangest, high up there on the "... What!?!?" scale. Ya know, right next to Nessy and the notion that Ted Haggard could end up in Heaven.

Sigh. Silliness...

No comments: