Monday, October 27, 2008

OOHHH YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!


So I think I drank the work Kool-Aid.

I totally didn't hate my nearly 10 hours of training on Friday, I actually took a whole bunch of work home this weekend and invested some money into making a very detailed binder of all the shows I sell (for quick reference when I'm on a call), I'm super pumped to move to our new office space because it means a new, more exciting place to work in, and I'm bummed that I had so many simple tasks to do today that I barely was able to get any calls in.

I think I might (gasp!) like my job again.

I know Lucky Readers, it blows my mind too. My apologies.

This whole thing has definitely been helped by getting a huge contract in last week (one I had labored on for over three months!) and that I got the "add of the month" today. It's a silly arbitrary honor, I know, but I'm sure proud anyway. And fifty extra bucks cause of it rocks too.

Also, I may not totally hate my second bad job as much anymore. The busy season has wound down and I'll only be working a few events for the rest of the winter. And since I've been there for about a year (holy shit balls, I've been there for about a year!) I now get to make requests for who I want to work with, so that rocks my socks off.

People...I'm enjoying my work situation. How sweet is that?

Now if only they paid me better...

In other news...said the broadcaster Kendragon...I love my new trainer. He actually called me this weekend to ask why I wasn't at the gym. Dudes, I love the hard-assness of this guy. It's what I need to kick my ass into gear. Today i totally don't feel like going, but I'm kinda scared to have him yell at me. So I'm gonna go. Ergo, he is the perfect trainer for me.

I reiterate...sweet.

The only thing I'm a bit bummed about right now is that so far I have no plans for Halloween...and I don't think I'm upset about it. This is the first year that I've been okay with the idea of doing nothing on my favorite holiday, and that's just lame. I feel like my childhood is all dead and stuff. And that's the pits, ladies and gentlemen. The pits.

But that's the worst thing going for me lately, and as I always say since that's the case I'm doing pretty well.

No comments: